Focus of the Final Paper
The final 6 to 8 page paper will demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the course topics and concepts. The title of the paper will be “An e-Business analysis of _____________.” The blank will be filled in with the name of a company you select that is doing business online. It can be a traditional brick-and-mortar company, or one that is completely online. The company can be in any of the four categories of e-commerce. The goal in writing the final paper is to demonstrate an ability to analyze a company based on the concepts presented in this course. The paper will discuss the following issues:
1. Overview/Executive Summary (written last; summarizes key points).
2. Company history and background, including stage in the company life cycle.
3. The need(s) the company addresses and the customers it pursues.
4. The role of the Internet in strategy (business strategy, IS Strategy, ICT Strategy, and EC Strategy). Also address the knowledge management strategies the company uses.
5. EC Metrics the company employs.
6. The online user types for this company and the e-commerce considerations.
7. The impact of Internet regulation.
8. EC Security the company uses.
9. Competitive advantage technology can provide this company.
10. Barriers to Global e-commerce.
An e-Business Analysis of LaserTech
A new technology that allows transmission of information from different devices like computers and smart phones to one another is now possible through the use of a new technology produced by a software company called Laserglow Technologies (LaserTech). Founded in 2003, Laser Tech is a small private company and they started as a laser equipment supplier company which giving avenue to hobbyist to get their gadgets to. When the demand for more program and products of Laserglow increased, the small time company eventually became a corporation (Laserglow Technologies, 2010).
Mission and Vision
It is the mission of LaserTech to have continuous innovation when it comes to producing cutting edge and advanced technologies for software programmed solutions in the market. The company uses intelligent software programs allowing it to become one of the leaders in laser technology and optical technology that is used not only at home but also in business offices. The products of Laser Tech became known not only to the corporate world but also to the people who are playing interactive games. This company has been known for delivering services that are known as photonics products as much as their exceptional customer service and hardworking employees that is always ready to serve.
Product Strategy and Competitive Advantage
Brightline is the company’s flagship or main product. It is considered as one of the intelligent software produced by the company putting the company on top as one of the main producers of such product. Since Laser Tech is first in producing the said product, it gives the company an edge at the same time the advantage against other companies who are planning to produce the same product. Brightline is software used to transmit